CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday 8 July 2007

Crack Ice Cream

Ice cream. There’s not much else like it. It can bring a smile to most anyone’s face, and when combined with chocolate, heal the brokenhearted. Oh wait. That’s a different book.

My friend Susan lives about 10 paces from a 7-11 where she purchases her seemingly daily dose of Ben & Jerry’s. I was in awe when I visited Austin and we went to her 7-11. Much to my surprise, each person in our party chose their own flavor - four pints of Ben & Jerry’s. Whoa. To my amazement, they were something like $2.50 each. Here, a pint of Ben & Jerry’s will cost ya $6.69 at the grocery store. It’s more at 7-11. Now you understand my amazement!

So I was at the grocery store today looking for those addictive little Dibs, and they had none for the second time in a row. It’s getting hard to find those little critters. There must be something in that Revel-like coating that makes them addictive. Maybe crack? I don’t know.

Well, no crack for me tonight. In lieu of the bite-sized ice cream and chocolate crack covered wonders, I decide I’m going to splurge and get me a $6.69 pint of Ben & Jerry’s. I choose my flavor. It was tough between Tortoise Shell (known as Turtle Soup south of the boarder) and a Chocolate Fudge Brownie concoction that probably would have healed a broken heart. I went with Tortoise Shell, mainly due to the cashews.

I put the pint in my basket and walked a little ways down the freezer aisle. They had the “regular” Lucerne Ice Cream in the half-gallon boxes on sale - two for $6.00. Now some may call me crazy but I know when I’m getting shafted. Sorry Ben. My apologies, Jerry. Your stuff may be "premium", but I came home with a box of Tin Lizzy Cheesecake and a box of Mint Chocolate Chip – eight times the ice cream for 69 cents less!!

Maybe Ben & Jerry think they are selling crack to Canadians.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok now I have to go out for ice cream because of this post