CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday 18 August 2007

Texas - Day 6 - Tuesday, April 17

Dixie knew we were leaving.


Tuesday morning Susan and Dave both left for work very early. That’s the trouble with taking time off – you have to work twice as hard before you go and after you come back to ‘catch up’. Robin and I packed our stuff and Susan called us a cab. We stopped at her office downtown and said a quick goodbye, and then were off to the airport.




Robin & I checked in for our flights, and grabbed something to eat. Robin’s flight left before mine, so I walked her to her gate. Another not so much goodbye but see ya soon – heck you think I’m gonna let my scanner buddy go to too many races without me?! LOL She boarder her plane, woobie and pallow in hand. My flight wouldn’t leave for another hour or so, but soon I was on my way.

I had no problems getting through the Dallas and Denver airports, and back home to Edmonton. No problems getting through customs either – but I was the last one off the plane and the last one to go through Customs. I was exhausted. I got the shuttle back to the Valu-Park and got my car. In about 45 minutes I was home and collapsed in bed.

What a trip! What a time!! And all I could think about was, “When can I go again?!”



I don’t know how anyone could not enjoy Susan & Dave’s hospitality. They were so amazing to us the whole time – I can’t say enough about them. I can’t even fathom how anyone in his or her right mind could not have had fun on such a trip, not to mention insist they never want to go back, or say some of the things I’ve heard said about this fab couple. I can’t tell you how profusely grateful I am for everything they did for me, and for us, to ensure we had a fantastic experience. The only thing they asked of us in return was that we have fun. The words Thank You are just not enough!

Susan & Dave are remarkable people and I am so very blessed to know them!

Thank you to two great Texans!

0 comments: